What we’re building, and how you can help
At Silbo, we’re building a digital marketplace that lets officials earn more by managing their own schedules while also enabling leagues and tournaments to set
specific criteria for the officials they need — eliminating hours of headaches and endless phone calls. Silbo takes care of all the paperwork and helps officials
build their resumes, which helps them get more games.
We've created a mobile and web app for sports officials and leagues - imagine Uber for Sports Officiating - to cut out pesky middlemen and streamline the referee-to-game transaction.
We're looking for a Finance & Operations Director to grow our business from 4 to 10 US states in the next 12 months.
You'll be in on the ground floor of an early-stage startup. You can influence product direction and build a name for yourself. This job requires deep commitment, but every day you’ll see the direct impact you've had on sports officials, leagues, and the company itself.
Wage and Benefits
The intended salary is $80,000 and we can negotiate stock options as well. We offer healthcare and other benefits, too.
- Own the company's financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication of key elements to the management team.
- Enable decision makers to understand the financial impact of their ideas and strategies. Discuss “what if” scenarios as needed.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts including initiatives to assess pricing, ROI, risk, failure, the sales commission plan, etc.
- Oversee all interactions with outsourced legal and accounting teams.
- Implement processes to facilitate better business practices (contracts, NDAs, etc.)
- Manage internal documentation, vendor and partner negotiations.
- Oversee and analyze metrics with CEO to meet investor and stakeholder objectives.
- Complete budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company.
- Drive compliance with industry standards/customer audit requirements.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives including consistent interactions with our accounting team for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business. MBA or MAC is a bonus.
- 2-7 years experience in finance or accounting positions required. Experience working with a venture-backed SaaS company is a bonus.
- Expert knowledge in SaaS metrics and how financial decisions impact these metrics.
- Experience and knowledge of developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community.
- Tech savvy and competent in everything from CRMs to Google Suite. This is non-negotiable.
- You possess a deep desire to be a part of a fast growing, beautifully chaotic, VC-backed startup where whose goal is to change the world for the better
Our team and you
We want a team where everyone cares about officials and administrators, cares about business context,
cares about design, and cares about one another. We believe in doing good work, with a balance between urgency and pragmatism. We value big impact over long hours.
Finally and critically, we value and celebrate diversity. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So we're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. In keeping with that commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or any other legally-protected status (including marital, veteran, or disability status).
- Why you're interested in joining us.
- The relevant experience you've had.
- What do you think you can bring to the team